Counting feet!

In Maths this week we have used a wonderful book to help us with our counting. We were so inspired by ‘One Is a Snail, Ten Is a Crab‘, (written by April Pulley Sayre  and Jeff Sayre. Illustrated by Randy Cecil) we decided to make our own counting book. First we drew our beach background. Then we thought about the characters we would use and the number we could make – counting all the feet to find out how many all together.

We even tried some skip counting by 10’s to make our counting a little quicker. We also tried to use our count on strategy and our doubles to work out how many feet. We noticed that although some of us had the same number we made it in different ways.

We LOVED this book and wanted to read it over and over!

one-is-a-snail-ten-is-a-crab-1-728

Here is our book!

8 thoughts on “Counting feet!

1. Dear Preps,
    What a magical counting book. Your pictures help us to count to very high numbers. I will share this with your buddies.

Mrs Yore

2. Dear Preps,
    What a wonderful book, I really enjoyed reading it. I also thought that all the artwork was fantastic. Congratulations to all of you.
    From Mellisa (Sinéad’s Mum’s)

3. Dear Mellisa,

Thank you for your comment. We thought that the book was fantastic. We liked making all of those numbers. Some of us had the same numbers!

From Prep S

4. Dear Preps,
    Well done for making such a terrific counting book with great illustrations. I love the way you made so many different numbers using the same animals.
    Dianne (Mitchell’s mum)

5. Well Done Preps! What a wonderful book that you have all put together. I really enjoyed reading and looking at the beautiful pictures. Rita (Louie’s mum)

6. Good job what was your favourite part ? I like what you are learning about. Are you learning this in maths ? Elva and Emma.