The Tiny Seed

Once again our Preps have been inspired to create beautiful art pieces based on the wonderful books we read and share. As we are focusing on what living things need to grow and change, Eric Carle’s book ‘The Tiny Seed’ was a great way to introduce what happens to a tiny seed and to follow its growth journey. The Preps worked with water colours, glitter paint, collage and pure imagination to create these stunning works of art. We were excited to see all the different effects we created by using water colours and glitter paint to create the flower petals. So many varied colours and patterns. We hope you enjoy our masterpieces!

6 thoughts on “The Tiny Seed

1. Wow, Preps!

Your imaginary seeds have grown into amazing flowers. I love how each one is so different and so special. The colours and patterns you have chosen are amazing.

I am thinking of the beautiful creation story and how God made everything so special and how we need to look after our beautiful creation.

Keep up your great learning,

Mrs Yore

2. Great work preps! Such beautiful pieces of art work using so many different colours and textures. Your flowers have flourished with all the love and creativity you put in to your work. Well done!

3. Great work preps! that artwork looks amazing and im trying to explain how good it was.Looking forward to seeing more artwork on your blog (or at school).Your flowers were beautiful.Well done!

4. Good job Preps,
    This is amazing art work. There are lots of colours. It reminds me of artists that we have been painting about and that reminds me of history. Did you know that the English took a boat called the first fleet with convicts to Australia? It is a beautiful piece of art you have made all of you. Good job.
    From Patrick
    Come and visit my blog! http://patrickd19.global2.vic.edu.au/

5. Fantastic job Preps!
    all of your art work is so amazing. You obviously put a lot of time and effete into your art work.
    Your art reminds me of junior f’s prayer about the little mustard seed.

Hope to hear more from you from Caitlin.

6. those look amazing preps!
    well done! they really remind me of aboriginal art works.
    this term in middles s we are learning about Australian History.
    those are a great example.